Terms & Conditions
- The courses are divided into 6 terms per year. Each term is about 2 months (8 weeks) unless otherwise stated. Term breaks are determined by the Academy, 4 weeks a year. Each year there are a total of 44 lessons.
- Fees are collected in advance by the term. Fees must be paid in full TWO weeks before the end of the preceding term. Late payment shall be charged a late payment admin fee of RM50.
- New students may join a class that has already commenced. Fees payable will be pro-rated.
- Enrolment: A one-time non-refundable registration fee of S$30 / RM90 is payable.
- Deposit: Students are required to place a deposit equivalent to a half-term fee. Top up of deposit is required if the term fee increases.
- Enrolment is confirmed only upon full payment of fees.
- Students registered and attending classes with the Academy will continue with lessons from term to term unless the Academy is notified in writing of any intention of withdrawing.
- No refund of fees for any classes missed by the students under any circumstances. No concession of fees for the period of overseas vacation. No replacement for the class was missed on the part of the student.
- No refund for anyone who leaves the course prematurely. No refunds of fees paid, including registration fees, term fees, examination fees and exam miscellaneous fees, costumes fees, and all other course-related fees.
- Fees will be refunded in full for lesson fees paid if a programme is cancelled by the Academy.
- All items sold are strictly NOT refundable, returnable or exchangeable.
Payment and Delivery Mode
- Payment by PayNow/ PayLah! or BANK TRANSFER only.
- The delivery mode of the lessons shall be either online or onsite, according to the prescribed lesson schedule.
- English Ballet Academy reserves the right to change or cancel the class schedule, or change instructor when necessary.
- Should a class be cancelled by the Academy, students will be referred to an alternative class, re-scheduled to another day, or given additional time during the existing class until the lost time has been compensated. However, there will be no replacement of classes or refund of fees if the Academy is required to close due to regulatory reasons such as those imposed by the Ministry of Health/Education as a result of contagious diseases or force majeure.
- Students have to bear the fees for examinations and any mandatory extra coaching classes before examinations.
- Students registered and attending classes at the Academy will continue with classes from term to term unless the Academy is notified in writing of any intention of withdrawing.
- Termination is only possible at the end of each term. Students wishing to withdraw must give ONE month’s written notice before the current term ends, by submitting the Academy’s Withdrawal Form. Failing to give a sufficient notice period, the deposit shall serve as the one-month termination notice. Students are to ensure that all outstanding fees are paid for.
- All refunds and items shall be claimed within 4 weeks from notification or it is deemed used.
- EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS FOR TEACHING AND LEARNING (EPTL): As part of emergency preparedness, instructors may conduct lessons online during the term, to prepare students for online learning. During an actual emergency, students will be notified to access the relevant platform for their online lessons. The class schedule will mirror the current face-to-face class timetable unless otherwise stated
- Photos and Recordings Release: Student, parents/guardians of student agreed to grant the English Ballet Academy the right to use any photos, recordings of the class, performance or competition for publicity purposes, including commercial advertising.
- English Ballet Academy will not be responsible for any injuries sustained during lessons, as our teachers are qualified and teach students according to their physical and psychological abilities. Students are expected to be on their best behaviour within the premises at all times. We shall not be held liable for any accidents or injuries sustained during the lesson and non-lesson time.
- Good conduct must be observed at all times. The Academy reserves the right to expel anyone who does not abide by the rules set out by English Ballet Academy.
- Enrolment constitutes acceptance of all the Terms & Conditions. Amendments may be made without prior notice at the sole discretion of English Ballet Academy.
Incorporated by reference.